Bedside Table Essentials
Using deep treatments overnight is a great way to pamper yourself without taking up precious time during the day. Since it’s often very cold in the winter in Canada, I don’t mind spending using a couple of products every night before bed, if it means that my skin will be better prepared for the harsh winds the next day. Here are the items that currently, have earned themselves a spot on my bedside table.
– Nuxe Rêve de Miel (C$17)– this goes on very thick and stays thick on the lips long after it is applied. Because of this texture, sometimes I feel like it doesn’t fully absorb into my lips throughout the night. I love how it feels, but it’s not something I would reach for when my lips are very chapped.
*note: other than using it at night, I love using it before I leave the house in the winter because it’s like a protective barrier for my lips to protect it against the harsh winds.
– Smith Rosebud Salve (C$9) – This is a very simple yet effective lip balm, which is composed mostly of petrolatum and cottonseed oil. Feels almost the exact same as Vaseline when applied to the lips, but the smell is heavenly. If you like rose scents, you’ll love this one.
As you can probably notice, both of my lip balms that I keep on my bedside table are jarred lip balms. I like to save my stick lip balms for when I am on-the-go.
– Fresh Sugar lip Serum Advanced Therapy (C$43) – This only works if you apply a lip balm on top (similarly used like a face serum, except on the lips). My lips always feel more nourished in the morning when I use this underneath my lip balm the night before. Like other Fresh products, it smells like sweet lemons! I got this from a friend for $5, but if I needed to pay full price, I’m not sure if I would’ve still gotten it, just because I love simplicity, and this adds another step to my nighttime routine.
– Crabtree and Evelyn Summer Hill Hand Cream (C$22) – I got this as a gift from a parent from one of the girls I taught dance to. I’m not a huge fan of floral scents, and this smells very strongly of flowers. Since I’m awful at describing scents, this is what the website says about the Summer Hill scent: “Accents of freshly mown grass mingle with notes of white florals whilst hints of orchard fruits add a dash of summer sweetness.” It contains macadamia nut oil and shea butter which I find very moisturizing. It leaves my hands slightly greasy, so I like putting it on at night so it has time to sink in.
– DIY Eyelash Serum – A few years ago, before I started getting into makeup, I tried a lot of natural remedies and DIY cleansers, serums, moisturizers, and conditioners. This was one of them that stuck with me many years later. Castor oil, mixed with vitamin E oil as a lash growth potion. This stuff actually works! I don’t use it every night, but I love treating my lashes with some TLC the night after I’ve used mascara.
– The Body Shop Body Butter (200ml/C$21) – Here I have the smaller size (I don’t think they sell it individually) that you get in gift sets in the Mango scent. I love this stuff! I only buy them when the store has their buy 3 get 3 free sales, but these last for a long time. I recently bought the body butter in the Honeymania scent in their biggest size (400ml/C$34) and this normally lasts me and my mom for a little more than half a year.
What are your nighttime essentials?